Value of Personality Assessments
Selecting and Hiring New Leaders – Personality, potential, values and drivers are imperative factors when considering an employee for hire at any level. Using powerful assessments that deliver relevant data on an individual candidate allow organizations to obtain information on the potential employee’s ability to blend with the culture, relate to peers and align with the company’s mission and vision. Taking under consideration the prospect’s personality, motives and drivers we are better equipped to anticipate how that employee may perform within the confines of the business and interact with the existing staff.
Teamwork – Understanding own personality type expands awareness of the other types of personalities and creates possibilities to appreciate others’ strengths, support each other and to form successful working relationships. Recognition of personal barriers and drivers of other team members, allows teams to work through differences and achieve mutually beneficial win-win solutions.
Retaining Talented Employees – Self-awareness is a necessity for self-growth. Identification and acceptance of own strengths and weaknesses is the first step to creating positive and rewarding relationships and to success at work. Recognition of counter-productive behaviors which may impede personal success, presents an opportunity to explore alternative steps to create a new path for on-going development. Enabling employees to grow and find value in their work empowers inspiration and creativity and secures their commitment to sustained high performance with the organization.
Awareness of nuances of our personality, can help us uncover blind spots, tap into hidden potential, and prevent strengths from turning into areas of weakness. Gained awareness of implication of our Identity and Reputation, fundamentally and profoundly influences our relationships, impact career outcomes, identify areas of opportunity as it relates to human capital and harness areas of strength.
Bright Side (Hogan Potential Inventory) measures normal personality and impersonal characteristics necessary for success and advancement.
Dark Side (Hogan Development Survey) measures the personality- related risk factors and blind spots that can derail careers
Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI ) describes the core goals, values, drivers and interests that determine what we desire and attain.
All these unique traits of the Hogan Assessment tool allow for a high level of certainty and prediction in terms of performance. Through the inclusion of Hogan Assessment in the Selection and Recruitment process, we can more readily assess how the candidates will rise to the expectations of the role, who will better fit to the culture of the employer and who is expected to perform better as required under the most challenging situations.
The Hogan Assessment is a valuable tool for any project which require deeper valuation such as Talent Management initiatives, Career Planning, Management Assessment, Outplacement Projects and Coaching.
The MBTI Team Reports
- Summaries of the team’s personality type, team strengths and challenges
- The individuals’ contributions to the team
- Problem-solving, conflict-handling and communication styles
- The effects of the organization’s influence on the team
- Action planning worksheet and actionable tips based on type.
- The extensive Facilitator Report provides tailor-made tips for each team
When to use the MBTI Team Report
- Raising team performance
- Improving communication
- Effective conflict resolution
- Enhancing problem-solving
The Leadership Circle Profile is designed to accelerate leadership effectiveness beyond traditional competency-based approaches. The Leadership Circle Profile helps leaders understand the relationship between how they habitually think, how they behave, and, more importantly, how all this impacts their current level of leadership effectiveness. It gives the leader causational insight into what is happening beneath the surface. Once this awareness is established, leadership development can proceed. Without it, change rarely happens.
- Creative competencies (top half of the circle) are well-researched leadership competencies that measure how you achieve results, bring out the best in others, lead with vision, enhance your own development, act with integrity, and encourage and improve organizational systems.
- Reactive tendencies (bottom half of circle) are leadership styles that emphasize caution over creating results, self-protection over productive engagement, and aggression over building alignment. These self-limiting styles overemphasize the focus on gaining the approval of others, protecting yourself and getting results through high control tactics. High reactivity has a limiting effect on a leader’s competencies.
Effective leadership outperforms ineffective leadership, which is why we think leadership is a primary competitive advantage and strategic priority. The effectiveness of the leadership system in an organization determines, to a large degree, the organization’s performance, especially in volatile and uncertain business environments. Now there is an assessment that measures the health of your leadership system –the culture of leadership in your organization. The Leadership Culture Survey is the most comprehensive assessment available on the overall health and effectiveness of the leadership in your organization.
Get an “MRI” of Your Leadership Culture
The Leadership Culture Survey provides a powerful “MRI” of your leadership culture. Used for your entire organization, or just a leadership team, the Leadership Culture Survey reveals valuable data, tells you how your people view their current leadership culture, and compares that reality to the optimal culture they desire. The “gap” between the current culture and desired culture, instantly reveals key opportunities for leadership development. The Leadership Culture Survey also measures how your leadership culture compares to that of other organizations.
A Leadership Culture Survey will:
- Establish a compelling rationale for change.
- Focus leadership development efforts.
- Delineate cultural challenges associated with acquisitions, mergers and restructuring plans.
- Correlate leadership to productivity, profits, turnover, and other bottom line metrics.
Build Readiness for Change at all Levels
The Leadership Culture Survey works seamlessly with the Leadership Circle Profile. It uses the same integrated framework that makes the Leadership Circle Profile powerful and effective. While the Leadership Circle Profile provides in-depth feedback for individual leadership development, the Leadership Culture Survey builds readiness for change at the team and organization levels. The Leadership Culture Survey shows how leadership is showing up collectively. It helps you map a course to the kind of leadership culture that will outperform less effective leadership cultures.
Skilled employees are the asset that drives organizational success. Therefore companies must learn from them—why they stay, why they leave, and how the organization needs to adapt in order to create a Competitive Advantage. An accurately designed and executed EI program delivers instrumental insight into what happens behind the silos walls and it gives a glimpse into employees thinking as well as expectations.
Although there is no conclusive research mainly due to lack of consistent data, proving that Exit Interviews reduce turnover, it is a common sense that information provided by them enables businesses to respond to the primary factors leading to employee turnover.
A well-executed Retention Strategy with the Exit Interview at the heart of it —whether a face-to-face conversation/phone conversation, a questionnaire, a survey, or ideally combination of all those methods—can catalyze leaders’ listening skills, reveals what does or doesn’t work inside the organization, highlights hidden challenges and opportunities, and generates essential competitive intelligence.
Benefits of Outsourcing Exit Interviews:
- Overcoming emotional issues
- Reducing Fear of retribution.
- 3rd Party Anonymity and Confidentiality boosts participation rates
- Actionality of recorded trends and observations
- Integrity and thoroughness of the information collected
- Efficiency – Saving Company time to address concerns highlighted by employees
- Increase objectivity and get more in depth, accurate results
Surveys and Quizzes
I have prepare these surveys for your inspiration – to help you explore what’s possible for you and gain insights through the process of filling them. I’d love to discuss your answers with you on a 60min no-charge Transformative Clarity Call.
Contact me to schedule a call today!